Monday, January 25, 2010

Going Back to Haleb.


After taking care of some business in Damascus, I headed up to Aleppo (Haleb) this week. I opted to take the bus over the train this time, and it is clear that whoever made the seats in this country did not have Burton shoulders in mind. I feel bad for the little Arabs who have to sit next to me. And by the way that they glare, I think that they are not to happy with the situation either. I got here Thursday night, and after seeing it again, I was reminded as to how much I like the city. It has a different feel than Damascus, it is less crowded but at the same time more lively. There are less women and more boys on the street, and there are a lot more vagrants. It will be nice to have this be my base point to see Northern Syria. I got a little under the weather Friday night and all of Saturday. It was pretty bad actually, and for the first time in a long time I actually considered going to the doctor. But this morning I was blessed to wake up feeling fine, and I am on my way again.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you find a good place to stay soon...emphasis on the good. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy,

    This is Jeff Carr, just reading of your exploits, nice beard. We miss seeing you around here, when you coming home? Or are you planning on staying? I enjoyed reading your blog, about time for another installment. Get with it. Jeff

    ReplyDelete