Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It will always be Constantinople to me.






After a couple of days enjoying the coast, I went the Ephesus. The ruins were alright, and I met up with a kid who lives in Jackson Hole, and we walked there and had a pretty good time. But I would not recommend the city or the ruins to people traveling in Turkey. It takes time away from better sights. I then took a bus to Istanbul. This right here is a city. It is huge. It is in the double digit millions I am sure. The first day there I was walking down the road towards the sea, and just behind a tree pops the blue mosque. It is a great view. The Blue Mosque does the job the Turks wanted it to, it is bigger than the Hagia Sofia, and a bit more impressive on the outside, but on the inside there is no contest. The Hagia Sofia is something to see. It is truly amazing that man did this without modern technology. I toured around the city by foot and by ferry for a couple of days. Met up with my buddy Will Smiley who is studying there and got his recommendations for the town. Istanbul is a city to see. I wish I would have had more time there. I was really getting to like Turkey by this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment