Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Andrew Burton Actually in Beirut.

After about 28 straight hours of traveling, (including two four-hour stays in airports) I have landed and am safe in Lebanon. The only security hiccup that I came across was entering the country. On my entry form, I did not write that I was staying at any address, because I did not know the address of the place I was staying. I did not figure it was a big deal, but apparently it was. The flight was already delayed an hour and a half, I was at the end of the plane, so by the time I got to customs, I was 2 hours late. Then I spent another little while in an office with some policemen as they made sure that all my stories checked out, and that I was going to have a place to stay. I was really worried that E.B. (the friend who was picking me up) was going to be put out, but when it was all said and done, she was waiting there with a smile on her face. And now I am using her wireless internet to let everyone know that I am safe and happy (with all of my luggage intact) here in Beirut.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe (for now). Lets hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you made it. Let the adventure begin - and the blogging (wagging my finger) continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. THIS WILL BE AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAAAHH Freakin awesome. Those things make for good stories and I'm glad you have a blog. I wll be keeping up on it. PS I now work at Bryan's job so I am happy!

    ReplyDelete