Tuesday, October 13, 2009


So on Friday I left Beirut at 6:30 in the morning. If I had never been to Albania I think I would have had a more dramatic ride over. I was squished between the passenger and the driver in a makeshift seat which of course did not have a seatbelt. But of course only the driver had a seatbelt which he refuses to wear. And then he proceeds to speed, pass on curves, and drive on the wrong side of the road. But luckily I was in Damascus all in one piece by nine. That gave me enough time to get to know the Elder and Sister Matis before Church started at ten. It was very nice service, and we had dinner together afterwards. I think I’ll like having this little branch of eight members.

1 comment:

  1. Drew,

    I love your pictures. I love that you have 8 members in your branch. I love that you have an apartment and that you found some private Arabic lessons. I had wondered how you were going to do that. It's beautiful there. How warm is it, and does it ever get cold? Is that an ignorant question? I'm thinking it might be. Your apartment looks really nice. We love you and by the way, got everything worked out with the car.

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete