Thursday, October 8, 2009


They gave us our chicken wings (it tasted just like America) with a bunch of plastic gloves. I think it is because it is a trendy place, and if I were wearing the nice clothes that the Lebanese don to go out on the town, I would not want to get any hot sauce on it either. Tomorrow I head out early to Damascus in order to make the 10:00 church meeting they have there. I have had a wonderful time in Beirut with my new friend E.B., her friend Sammi, and her dog Smuggler. It really was such a blessing to have an experience Beriutian help me get here and get started. For those that were worried about me, I would not be. I have been well taken care of. And I have heard that the people in Damascus are just as kind as they are in Beirut. It is a very pleasant city. I was looking for a cupcake store today, and everyone I asked was so nice and helpful. It has been only three days, but they have been a pretty good three days. And they give me an optimism about the days to come.

6 comments:

  1. Lord of the Wings? Ha Ha I laughed so hard I peed a little because that is soooooooo perfect for you. Oh man....Dungeons and dragons game breaking out at Lord of the Wings! But seriously, you have to bring me one of those Arabic Coke cans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while you are bringing Kris the coke can, I would like you to bring me some.....you know where I am going with this.....cool dishes. HA HA. I am glad to hear you are safe and enjoying yourself so far. I am so glad you are blogging. I love it. Take care and enjoy yourself. You are only young once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BURTOOOOOOOOOOON! I'm here. Reading. Keep em' coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drew,

    Love you much, and I hope Damascus is as geat as Beirut. You are awesome. Blog more so we know you're still living.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And -- I'm going to write you at your e-mail address. Too much to say. Clever blog. We are thankful you are safe and happy. Everything sounds wonderful, exotic. Can't wait for a report on the branch in Damascus. Love you much, much, much. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew,
    It made our hearts happy to see you safe and secure. Odd that I would worry a bit, but it is faaar away. Thanks for putting a bit of you into our lives with a great blog. Always in our hearts,
    Love,
    Pop

    ReplyDelete