Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wandering the City


I have wandered all over the city in the last two days. I went into the biggest Mosque I have ever seen, (and yes I have seen some large Mosques, thank you.) and it had a Large, Beautiful, crystal chandelier hanging from its dome with mosaics all over the building. I saw the American University of Beirut, and the Lebanon American University, and have also spent the nights checking out Beirut's night life a bit. Today I spent about eight hours just walking around the city, and it is beautiful. But of course the only time that I thought to bring my camera and take pictures was when my gracious hostess E.B. and I went to dinner. Mostly we ate at traditional 100% Lebanese places, but a restaurant named "Lord of the Wings" deserves my patronage anytime, anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment